Facts About The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)
Prophet Mohammed was the founder of Islam, He was born in Mecca in 570 A.D, who spent his entire life in what is now in Saudi Arabia. His father died before Mohammed was born, and his mother died when he was a young child.
He was monogamously married to his first wife, Khadija, until her death after about 25 years of marriage. He had four daughter and at least two sons(both of whom died as infants). He was the final prophet sent by God to reveal their faith to mankind.
Prophet Mohammed and his message
Muslims believe that Islam is the faith that has always existed and that it was gradually revealed to humanity by a number of prophets, but the final and complete revelation of the faith was made through the prophet Mohammed in the 7th century CE.
His main message is believing that to teach all mainkind that, there is no God but Allah, and that life should be lived in complete submission to the will of Allah, was attractive to many people, and they flocked to hear it.
Facts about prophet Mohammed
- Prophet Mohammed never ate alone. He invited others and then ate with them.
- Prophet Mohammed used to preach to people, but avoided preaching to excess to avoided annoying people.
- His name is now one of the most popular names in the world.
- He had sons but all of them died in their childhood.
- His father was already dead before his birth so he became an orphan.
- At the age of nine he started going on trade trips along with his uncle.
- Prophet Mohammed met with people of different nations and religions during those trips.
- His character respected by all. People throughout Medina including the Jews gave him the name of “The Trustworthy”.
- His wife Khadija proposed to him at the age of 25, she was 40 at the time.
- Prophet Mohammed was one of the few men in the history of mainkind if not the only one that founded a religion, was a political leader and also a military leader.
- He once prayed until his legs swelled.
- He wrote letters to other leaders and heads of state inviting them to join Islam.
- Prophet Mohammed was a businessman.
- He married Sayyida Aicha when she was 9 years old.
- He remained married to Khadija until her death at 65 without marrying anyone else.
- He did not consider himself divine.
- He first received revelations of the Qur’an at the age of 40.
- He established rights of the animals.
- He helped with household chores.
- The Prophet Mohammed was unlettered.
There are other important information about Prophet Mohammed
- He Established Rights for Women
Women had very few rights in the 7th century, even their right to life was questioned and the Arabs had a custom of burying their daughters alive. Prophet Mohammed peace be upon him and the Qur’an chastised the Arabs for such a practice. The Prophet Mohammed introduced several revolutionary changes to the status of women in the Arabia at the time. He allowed women to inherit, consulted women and weighed their opinions seriously. Islam give her the right to pray in mosques and also appointed women in various governmental positions and officials in the markets of Medina.
- He Had a Strong Presence
Prophet Mohammed was from afar the most beautiful of men and most glorious, and close up he was the sweetest and the loneliest. In company he is like a branch between other branches, but he is the most flourishing of the three in appearance, and the loveliest in power. He has friends surrounding him, who listen to his words.
- The Prophet Forgave His Enemies
Since he became a prophet many people tried to kill him. They successfully exiled him from Mecca, and killed his followers, spread false rumors about him, and did their absolute best to end his life. He said at the end of his life:” Today I say to you as Joseph said to his brothers: ‘ This day there is no blame on you.’ Go your way for you are free.”
Enjoy his Story with Mufti Menk.